Far from being yet another workshop that you check off your list, Roots of Justice events are life-changing – for individuals and organizations.
From evaluation Forms or participant emails
"I feel so empowered! The plethora of information l received helped equip me to know l can make a difference."
- Latricia, 2021 Antiracism Analysis Training Participant
"The ROJ trainers have an extraordinary level of knowledge, experience and skill. The high-quality materials, resources & methods are effective and show a high degree of internal integrity. Their passion & commitment is palpable."
- Jean, 2022 online antiracism analysis training participant, member of church team
"My background in diversity training was focused on individual change. The ROJ facilitators guided us on effective change at an institutional level, which was missing from my previous work."
- Staff of healthcare nonprofit, 2022 Antiracism Analysis Training Participant
"The training was rich, engaging, informative and challenging. I valued the many opportunities for discussion, the exercises and the presenters' comments. I look forward to continuing this work."
- K, 2022 online Antiracism Analysis Training participant
"As a white woman I was treated with respect and understanding, which allowed me to further my acceptance of my privilege and take with me knowledge that this work follows my religious and spiritual beliefs."
- Staff of religious healthcare nonprofit, 2022 Antiracism Analysis Training participant
"The rich history & diverse perspectives provided during the Roots of Justice Anti-Racism Analysis training were humbling & empowering. I left informed & excited about partnering with others in creating a more just & equitable world."
- Kyle, 2022 Antiracism Analysis Training participant
"The Roots of Justice online analysis training was multifaceted and engaging. The content was accessible, the format was varied, and the tools were very helpful to deepen the work in my church community, working to become more explicitly antiracist."
- Mennonite church staff person, 2021 Antiracism Analysis Training participant
"Roots of Justice is an excellent way to learn about the history and effects of racism and White Supremacy in our society. It gives those of us who are white tools to begin the lifelong work of becoming anti-racist and rejecting White Supremacy."
- Dana, 2021 Antiracism Analysis Training participant
“My participation in the Workshop on Intersectionality at the Wild Goose Festival in June 2014 was one of the most enlightening and transformative experiences of my life…. During the workshop, I came face to face with the stark realities of oppression that, though not unknown to me, had never come to life for me in such a startling way…. Justice can never be realized if we are afraid to acknowledge the injustice that surrounds us every day, in every setting.”
- Reverend Dian Griffin Jackson, Pastor of Mt. Zion United Church of Christ (Rockingham, NC), author of The Phoenix-Rising from the Ashes